I’ve decided to re-do my website, and migrate from Wix to WordPress in the process. For a couple of reasons:
1. I’ve grown a bit weary of how the Wix editor works, and my page was growing almost impossible to manage with their tools. However, I will admit this was really mostly because I had been misusing the tools to begin with. Still, I hope a fresh start and the more robust WordPress system will let me keep this one in shape.
2. I just wanted to stop supporting Wix, for reasons that you can likely guess. I won’t go into the politics here, but it’s been bugging me for a while.
3. Re-working my site allows me to also set up a proper news flow, and I will hopefully be adding an email-newsletter sign-up here soon. It’s a work in-progress, but it’s something I know I should be doing. And now that I hopefully have more writing news to share, it seems like a logical time and place to do so.
What to expect from this new site?
- Updates. I hope to settle into a roughly monthly update schedule as I get the hang of things. I will write about my upcoming and ongoing projects, such as they are. Hopefully I will have lots of cool things to share.
- Comics, obviously. I’ll be updating the site with all the short comics that I’ve created over the years that I can share freely. I will try to post something in most updates, and keep the Free Comics! tab updated.
- Process stuff. Since I’m not creating new comic content nearly fast enough to put out monthly comics, I will talk about the behind the scenes stuff a little. This is the kind of content I personally enjoy a lot, so I’m excited to do my part in sharing a little more.
- Creative writing / Essays. This is something that I have wanted to do for a while now. I would like to practice my long-form thought telling, and delve into some comic criticism. The topic I’m most likely to talk about is lettering in comic books. It’s something I have a deep interest in, but I rarely see discussed outside the technically focused blogs of professionals. I don’t want to promise too much with this, because I don’t know how much I really have to say about this- or even if I’ll be able to go through with writing all this. We shall see.